So maybe this is after the fact, but I just now read similar posts on other blogs and thought it would be fun.
On Jan. 1, 2000, I:
-was smack in the middle of one of the best years of my life (freshman year at Bethel)
-had recently met a lot of new people, including some of my greatest lifelong friends
-was a Chemistry major
-had never lived anywhere but Kansas (and, basically, Newton, Kansas)
-was about to leave for one month in the Middle East (one of the best, most life-changing months of my life)
-thought there were lots of desirable eligible bachelors at Bethel
-was beginning to become good friends with my brother
-thought I was a dog person
-wore a flannel shirts and cords a lot...I think a lot of my clothes might have even come from the men's section of stores
-had recently learned how to use the internet
-telephone-wise, I used only the shared, corded, industrial, orange-light-blinking-when-you-have-a-message phone in our dorm room
-watched...?? 7th Heaven?? on tv (I don't really remember if I watched tv that year.)
-had a super great roommate
-had spent the super scary (haha) Y2K New Year's Eve in Wichita with Kristine and her relatives. I think we went ice skating.
-had settled on Brad Born as my favorite professor
On Jan. 1, 2010, I:
-was smack in the middle of my first year in fulltime school in six years
-had recently again met a lot of new people, who I find to be incredibly wonderful and hope to also have as lifelong friends
-had graduated an English major (with a Chemistry minor) and am a speech-language pathologist master's student
-was living in a new state for the first time
-was elated to be back in Kansas
-had been married to one of those desirable eligible bachelors for just more than two years
-consider my brother one of my best friends
-am a definite cat person and sad I had to leave my baby in Kansas
-try to be a little more fashionable (at times) and a little more feminine :)
-daily spend way too much time using the internet
-usually use a cell phone, though I have only ever had one (going on 5 years with the same one) and we still have a landline
-am still watching fluffy tv: Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, and One Tree Hill, as well as one show I can admit to all: The Office
-had recently visited my freshman year super great roommate, who is now married to one of my childhood friends and had a tiny new cutie-patootie baby girl
-had spent New Year's Eve in what at first glance looked like a sketchy-ish motel but what turned out to be pretty nice and have surprisingly good amenities in Topeka with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and nephew
-maintain that Brad Born is my favorite professor
I like this post.
ReplyDeleteMark used to be my best friend
ReplyDeleteErin: I consider you one of my best friends too =]
ReplyDeleteSarah: You moved 26hrs away. We should hang out...
That's cool. What a neat exercise.
ReplyDelete